This oddball Communist car was the first large-scale model ever made completely of recycled plastic material. After the fall of the Berlin Wall, this slow, cramped car became a symbol of Communist East Germany. It sold over 3,000,000 units before ending production in 1991.
The Trabant, officially known as the Trabant P50, began production in 1957. It was often known as "a spark plug with a roof". Its name comes from the German word meaning "satellite" or "companion".
Asked by Dan Henry · Last updated 1 year ago · 294.5K views