The horizontal members that are attached to girders in a rib-like pattern are called:

Answer Joists

Framing members that support floors on a flat plane are called joists. The beams that support the joists are called girders and those on ascending planes that support roofs and ceilings are called rafters. 

Asked by · Last updated 5 months ago · 197.1K views