- Large intestine
- Small intestine
- Being on birth control pills.
- A high phytochemcial diet.
- A low fiber diet.
- A high protein diet.
- a lack of dietary fiber
- a H. pylori infection
- over use of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDS) such as iburofen
- excessive coffee consumption
- The mixing and breaking apart of a mass of food as occurs in the small intestine.
- The series of muscular contractions that begins in the esophagus and moves the contents of the digestive tract towards the rectum.
- The detoxification of drugs as occurs in the liver.
- The mechanical breakdown of food as occurs in the mouth.
- Fat + bile fat droplets
- Peptides + HCl protein
- Glucose + glucose maltose
- Peptides + H2O amino acids
- the sound of food only
- the smell, taste, and sound of food only
- the smell and taste of food only
- oral stimulation and the thought, sight, smell, taste, and sound of food
- Chronic heartburn
- Chronic diarrhea
- Chronic bad breath
- Chronic constipation
- Lipo protein
- is the major cause of ulcers
- promotes the absorption of water
- promotes the absorption of nutrients such as vitamin B-12, calcium, and iron
- promotes the absorption of alcohol
- finger-like projections that increase the surface area of the small intestine
- abnormal finger-like white blood cells
- the absorptive surface of the colon
- the bad guys in bad movies
- cardivascular disease
- type 2 diabetes
- Parkinson's disease
- promotes tooth decay
- increase the risk of gallstones
- increase the risk of kidney stones
- inhibit the absorption of vitamins
- vitamin K
- vitamin M
- vitamin D
- Vitamin A
- vitamin E
- No vitamins
- the bone that teeth fit into
- cement that plays a role in holding your teeth in place
- periodontal ligaments
- A stressful job
- A low fat diet and excessive carbohydrate intake
- Overconsumption of coffee and tea
- Overuse of NSAIDs (such as ibuprofen), a H. pylori infection, and GERD
Eugene has a Ph.D. in Ecology and Evolutionary Biology and taught both general biology and nutrition. Several of his publications have appeared in peer-reviewed journals. He revises chapters, produces, edits, and proofreads materials for college textbooks.Read more …
This quiz was expert written by Eugene Fenster. Eugene has a Ph.D. in Ecology and Evolutionary Biology and taught both general biology and nutrition. Several of his publications have appeared in peer-reviewed journals. He revises chapters, produces, edits, and proofreads materials for college textbooks. Most importantly he loves learning about biology. Learning and making connections among the disparate pieces of information he finds is one of his passions. Another passion is sharing and discussing this information with others.
You ingest food and eventually, it comes out as feces. Any idea of what happens in-between? If you passed part I, you are ready for part II!
What happens to food once you consume it? What about alcohol? Nutrition is a branch of science that deals with the interaction of nutrients and other substances in food that we eat in relation to growth, weight control, reproduction, and overall health.
Research has shown that the best way to exercise your mind is by learning something new. Our extensive library of quizzes are packed full of knowledge provided by industry experts who’ve undergone a strict vetting process.
Getting started is easy! Each quiz you take is part of a larger “Quiz Pack” that covers a broad spectrum of information on a topic you’re interested in. Most Quiz Packs contain up to 5 subject based quizzes and a final review quiz to see how much you’ve learned. Many of our featured topics are split into multiple parts, each becoming just a little more challenging than the former.
By completing every quiz in a “quiz pack” and earning a 70% or more on the final review, you’ll become a Master of that topic. The more quizzes you take, the more topics you’ll master - all while earning points, bragging rights amongst your friends and valuable exercise for a healthy mind.
QuizGriz enables knowledge-seekers to experience a community of like-minded people that are focused on exercising their mind while mastering interest-based topics.
Think of QuizGriz as a personal trainer for your mind. Not the kind that screams at you and tells you to take it easy on the donuts - we love and support donut consumption. This of us as the kind that guides and motivates you to become the master of your own destiny.
Let’s be honest, all the clickbait and fake news out there is exhausting! It clutters our minds and clouds our focus making it nearly impossible to get anything done - and that got us thinking. Isn’t there something better we could be doing with our time? So we set out to build an educational platform that’s dedicated to helping you learn something new everyday. Something productive, exciting and worth sharing with your friends, like donuts. Only… donuts can be very hard to share.
We’re creating a new brand of quizzes that are written, reviewed, and approved by top minds in the industry - ensuring ach quiz you take is packed full of educational value. We encourage you to embark on this adventure with us by supporting our mission to help our community learn something new every day.