- Promptly lose your mind. No way this is happening!
- Scan the area for other survivors.
- Begin searching for drinkable water.
- Start trying to hunt wild animals.
- Lick your fingers and get ready to chow down. Yum!
- You're not dumb, you need to boil these berries before eating them.
- Take a close look at the berries and see if they are poisonous.
- Realize you don't know enough about wild plants, so you ignore them.
- You'll gag a little bit, no big deal.
- You're blood pressure and heart rate will rise.
- You'll get more thirsty due to dehydration.
- All of the above.
- Only in the most dire of situations.
- Absolutely. Any time. It's sterile, therefore just fine.
- Never drink urine, even in dire situations.
- I'd rather die of thirst.
- Write out the word: "HELP" with rocks on the sand.
- Build up a signal fire and keep it lit next to your "HELP".
- Yell as much and as often as you can.
- Who cares? Nobody can help you now.
- Find water. Immediately.
- Treat the wound as best you can. You need to stabilize it.
- Curse the Wright Brothers for their work on the aeroplane.
- Give up, it's been a good life.
- Compact square
- Punch it in the nose to paralyze it!
- Claw at its eyes or gills.
- Try to out swim it to shore.
- Freeze still, hope it doesn't see you.
- Get the sushi table prepped.
- Praise Poseidon, cook the fish thoroughly, and reap the benefits.
- Release the fish. Fish with spines are toxic.
- Keep it as a pet.
- A plastic sheet, a container, a hole, and vegetation or contaminated water to distill into purified water.
- A metal tube connected to a bucket.
- A jug of distilled water and a magnifying glass.
- A bucket with a plastic lid that is see-through.
- Keep it in one piece, it's your only escape.
- Use it for creating shelter.
- Strip the raft of materials in order to craft items you need.
- Both A and B.
- Y shaped.
- A shaped.
- Trick question, branches are straight lines.
- V shaped.
- Keep focused on your next important task.
- Worry about all of the things you have to do.
- Make a timeline to track your days stranded.
- Concentrate on only the positive things.
- Stay on the beach, close to where you washed up.
- Wander around the island looking for life.
- Build a raft and head to sea.
- Stay in the trees, it is safer there.
- Animals and bugs won't bother you.
- You can regulate your body temperature.
- You'll sweat less, thus preserving water.
- Both regulating body temperature and sweating less to preserve water.
- As close to your water source as possible.
- Where it is easiest to see from boat or plane.
- A & B.
- Up in a tree.
- Dazed and having trouble focusing.
- Infrequent urination.
- Sweating profusely.
- Half of a gallon.
- 64 oz.
- 1 gallon.
- It depends on your physical exertion.
Joel’s experience in becoming a survival instructor began from childhood growing up in South Africa and Tanzania, East Africa - in particular, living off the grid on an isolated stretch of tropical coastline of wild bush, hosting an array of animal species.
Listen, we all love talking about our 'Desert Island' playlist, or our favorite 'Desert Island' companion. However, what we really should be asking ourselves is this: would we know how to survive if we ever really ended up stranded? There are many misconceptions that float around the survival-themed blogosphere. Can you survive a deadly deserted island?
This quiz was expert reviewed by survivalist Joel Van der Loon. Joel’s experience in becoming a survival instructor began from childhood growing up in South Africa and Tanzania, East Africa - in particular, living off the grid on an isolated stretch of tropical coastline of wild bush, hosting an array of animal species.
The last 12 years, he traversed through 40 countries and crossed oceans as a yacht engineer, exploring some of the world’s most remote locations by sea. He’s hiked, camped, trained and paddled in just about every type of ecosystem including the desert, alpine, and jungle. He is a passionate nature and animal lover and a sucker for adventure.
Research has shown that the best way to exercise your mind is by learning something new. Our extensive library of quizzes are packed full of knowledge provided by industry experts who’ve undergone a strict vetting process.
Getting started is easy! Each quiz you take is part of a larger “Quiz Pack” that covers a broad spectrum of information on a topic you’re interested in. Most Quiz Packs contain up to 5 subject based quizzes and a final review quiz to see how much you’ve learned. Many of our featured topics are split into multiple parts, each becoming just a little more challenging than the former.
By completing every quiz in a “quiz pack” and earning a 70% or more on the final review, you’ll become a Master of that topic. The more quizzes you take, the more topics you’ll master - all while earning points, bragging rights amongst your friends and valuable exercise for a healthy mind.
QuizGriz enables knowledge-seekers to experience a community of like-minded people that are focused on exercising their mind while mastering interest-based topics.
Think of QuizGriz as a personal trainer for your mind. Not the kind that screams at you and tells you to take it easy on the donuts - we love and support donut consumption. This of us as the kind that guides and motivates you to become the master of your own destiny.
Let’s be honest, all the clickbait and fake news out there is exhausting! It clutters our minds and clouds our focus making it nearly impossible to get anything done - and that got us thinking. Isn’t there something better we could be doing with our time? So we set out to build an educational platform that’s dedicated to helping you learn something new everyday. Something productive, exciting and worth sharing with your friends, like donuts. Only… donuts can be very hard to share.
We’re creating a new brand of quizzes that are written, reviewed, and approved by top minds in the industry - ensuring ach quiz you take is packed full of educational value. We encourage you to embark on this adventure with us by supporting our mission to help our community learn something new every day.