What if all of a sudden you found yourself in an emergency situation you hadn’t had the opportunity to prepare for?
Your mind would immediately go into overdrive looking for things you have on hand that you could use to survive. There are plenty of everyday items you have around your house that can easily be used as survival tools. And today we are going to talk about one that almost no one would consider or even know how to use as a survival tool and that is dental floss.
Here are more than 5 ways you can use dental floss to survive in an emergency.
1. Cutting Food. Dental floss can easily cut through a wide variety of foods, such as: meat, fruits, fish, eggs and more.
2. Starting A Fire. Waxed dental floss can be tied around dry sticks or bundles of kindling, then lit like a candle.
3. Fishing. Dental floss can be used several ways when it comes to fishing. You can tie a shiny metal object like a safety pin to the floss and use it as fishing line. Additionally, if you have enough of it, you can weave it together and use it as a net.
4. Medical Uses. Dental floss can be used to suture deep cuts and wounds. You can also use it as a tourniquet to stop the bleeding of a wound.
5. Food Storage and Cooking. Dental floss can be used to seal your food supplies in a bag, tie your food on a stick for open fire cooking and for suspending food in the air between trees so it’s out of sight and away from animals and human theft.
6. Other Uses. There are an unlimited number of ways you can use dental floss as a survival tool and here are a few more ideas you can use: lashing a knife for hunting, sewing rips in your clothes or tent, shelter rigging, to affix gears, repair tools, make a snare or trap, tie your hair back, use as shoelaces, as a clothesline and for making a tripwire. You can even use it as a form of handcuffs if needed.
Did we miss any uses? Please comment below with your suggestions.